FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  <strong>Gallery</strong>Gallery  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
INDEX PAGE

Poszukujemy osób, które jeśli mają ku temu ochotę zajęły się publicystyką, recenzjami płyt muzycznych, korektą stylistyczną tekstów, redagowaniem biografii zespołów, newsami oraz wszystkim tym, co wam przyjdzie do głowy, a uważacie, iż powinno znaleźć swoje miejsce na portalu. kontakt: admin@darknation.eu
Ostatnio na forum
1. Forum zdechło?
04-02-18, 04:25 - Piottr
3. Ambient Collage #8
30-11-16, 02:06 - yy28
4. Ambient Collage #7
29-05-16, 21:05 - yy28
5. Mgla (The Mist)
04-05-16, 15:00 - Vexatus
6. Achaja
04-05-16, 14:54 - Vexatus
Forum Index » About the site » Reviews » VA - "Hopes Die In Winter" (2005)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ergo
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: 14-10-2005, 22:28    Post subject: VA - "Hopes Die In Winter" (2005) Quote selected Reply with quote

„One of the characteristic symptoms of the 20th century in Europe is the mass migration of the different social and national groups. In the years 1917-1951 seventeen different forms of the population transfer were noted, involving 54.6 million people overall (including 12.6 million in the years 1917-1939, 12.3 million between 1939 and 1944 and 30 million from the autumn of 1944 to 1951). One of the dominating forms of the mass population displacement were the enforced expulsions.”

The latest BOP release is really to my taste. It’s a very good mixture of military pop, dark ambient and neofolk mainly thanks to the pretty good projects from the underground stage.

I was particularly enchanted by the first HERR songs, as not often do I come into contact with so beautiful, full of pathos compositions (at least not when such releases are considered). “Fifteen Tokens” makes my flesh creep.

Der Arbeiter, on the other hand, presented something different – military pop, but it still is easy on the ear. It made a positive impression on me, though it’s not the fragment of the album which I’d like to re-listen most often.

Then comes the time for Storm Of Capricorn. I suppose I expected something much more to my taste, though the whole material is quite good when its composition is considered. However, from this part of the disc I liked only “Un Dernier Souffle”.

Finally, there is our Polish Ghosts Of Breslau. Here the monotonous dark ambient sounds are king. It’s not bad, though it’s not as delighting as HERR, for example. Still, I like the fragments where the lyrics are recited.

The album as a whole is very well constructed and it encourages to reflect on what once happened in the world and what may happen in the coming years full of social unsettlement.

8/10

hopes die in winter.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.06 KB
 Viewed:  12392 Time(s)

hopes die in winter.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name Tlen login
Forum Index » About the site » Reviews » VA - "Hopes Die In Winter" (2005)

Jump to: