FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  <strong>Gallery</strong>Gallery  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
INDEX PAGE

Poszukujemy osób, które jeśli mają ku temu ochotę zajęły się publicystyką, recenzjami płyt muzycznych, korektą stylistyczną tekstów, redagowaniem biografii zespołów, newsami oraz wszystkim tym, co wam przyjdzie do głowy, a uważacie, iż powinno znaleźć swoje miejsce na portalu. kontakt: admin@darknation.eu
Ostatnio na forum
1. Forum zdechło?
04-02-18, 04:25 - Piottr
3. Ambient Collage #8
30-11-16, 02:06 - yy28
4. Ambient Collage #7
29-05-16, 21:05 - yy28
5. Mgla (The Mist)
04-05-16, 15:00 - Vexatus
6. Achaja
04-05-16, 14:54 - Vexatus
Forum Index » About the site » Reviews » Neon Cage Experiment - Specific Gravity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jens000

PostPosted: 29-08-2004, 13:18    Post subject: Neon Cage Experiment - Specific Gravity Quote selected Reply with quote

A long long time ago i spoke with a guy who sent me this song called "Near Zero-White" by an unknown hobby group called NCE. It was a rather nice piece of minimalistic, cold electronica. I listened to it a few times without giving it any further notice. At that time i didn't even know what thoose three magic letters NCE stood for. Time passed by and over a year later i spoke with the same guy again. This time he sent me a sample of a song with the exciting title "essai 110-06". Then i understood what NCE stands for. It stands for one of the most exciting bands within all electronic music. It stands for a revolution within electronic music and a revival of a slumbering style of music. It means a new breath of air when you are starting to suffocate among all crap that is released. It stands for Neon Cage Experiment. Though this was one song only. It's not fair to judge a band from one over a year ago made song and one just made. I needed more. This was far to exciting to pass without further investigation. Some time later i recived another song called "Sharpest Tool" that was a soon-to-be song on the upcoming demo called "Specific Gravity". After i had listen to it a few times i really started to understand that this band has the potential to do something extraordinary. Some weeks passed and after i had listened to my three songs about a million time each i finally got the demo. Unfortunatley i was at my parents place when i got it and they do not have any good stereo equipment, but i just couldn't wait. I put it into the CD-player and pressed play. The first song started to play and many expectations was floating around making me all dizzy. This first song gives you no hints what so ever on what to expect from the rest of the songs. It is solely samples and distorted sounds and fast clips that makes you both confused and you wonder what the rest of it will sound like. So far it was nothing like i had expected. The next song also made my confused since i still didn't recognize the sound i was expecting. It's a rather hard song with heavy beats with an industrial feeling to it. Though despite agaist my expectations i really liked this song and started to get amazed by the variation of the sounds i have heard so far.

I kept listening with my excitment constantly increasing. The songs passed by, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, ... more more more more! I couldn't belive what i was listening to. It was much better than anything i had ever heard within this style before. It even passed way beyond my expectations and when the final song ended i just fell down to the floor, exhausted, smiling and happy.

This albums really holds everything you want from an electronic album. There are no bad songs on the album, but some songs are almost too good and makes the other come out of focus. Best songs are imho "Puppet", "Suicide" and "Sharpest Tool". For you with a little memory i did not mention the magic and secret song "essai 110-06". That's because it will be on the upcoming album which i wait for with higher expectations than any album i have ever waited for.

The reason that i do not give this album 10 out of 10 points is that i think the upcoming albums will be even better and it will probably deserve that highest point all alone.

Score 9/10.

Neon Cage Experiment - Specific Gravity.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.03 KB
 Viewed:  15350 Time(s)

Neon Cage Experiment - Specific Gravity.jpg

tanagranoizz

PostPosted: 19-11-2004, 15:33    Post subject: agreed! Quote selected Reply with quote

yup, i agree, this band is something to look for in the future. their debut demo is very good!
Mikelcharles1

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: 16-10-2014, 05:37    Post subject: Quote selected Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing it.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name Tlen login
Forum Index » About the site » Reviews » Neon Cage Experiment - Specific Gravity

Jump to: