FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  <strong>Gallery</strong>Gallery  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
INDEX PAGE

Poszukujemy osób, które jeśli mają ku temu ochotę zajęły się publicystyką, recenzjami płyt muzycznych, korektą stylistyczną tekstów, redagowaniem biografii zespołów, newsami oraz wszystkim tym, co wam przyjdzie do głowy, a uważacie, iż powinno znaleźć swoje miejsce na portalu. kontakt: admin@darknation.eu
Ostatnio na forum
1. Forum zdechło?
04-02-18, 04:25 - Piottr
3. Ambient Collage #8
30-11-16, 02:06 - yy28
4. Ambient Collage #7
29-05-16, 21:05 - yy28
5. Mgla (The Mist)
04-05-16, 15:00 - Vexatus
6. Achaja
04-05-16, 14:54 - Vexatus
Forum Index » About the site » Reviews » Golden Apes - Structures (2004)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ergo
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: 04-12-2004, 23:46    Post subject: Golden Apes - Structures (2004) Quote selected Reply with quote

This is the fourth album of this German goth rock band. I’m not the greatest fan of this genre but what have to be admitted is that “Structures” is an “out of the book” example of this kind of music. At first I wasn’t convinced to this album. I had to listen to it for a few times and only after that I thought it wasn’t bad at all. It even positively surprised me. There is a typical “romantic” style of playing in it and “gothic” vocals ( hehe ) , I couldn't stop myself . Even though the music may seem boring at first, it is indeed very relaxing. It's an ideal CD for those who need music to fall asleep (and it's nothing to do with boredom), to read a book, to seduce a woman or as a background for their work.

Material is very well produced, you can almost feel how the soft and as if velvet the sound is, but you must be prepared that the band can forget themselves and kick some heavier stuff at times.

There's one thing I don’t like about this album - it's definitely too polite. There are moments when it’s simply a bit too romantic, too sweet and gentle, but it of course all depends on what you’re looking for in music. I prefer the sense of approaching doom and great evil just waiting around the corner to eat me alive the very moment I put the lights out. And that's what this CD lacks.

I would recommend this album to Zeraphine fans rather than Wumpscut lovers.
Enjoy your listening.

Golden Apes - Structures.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.45 KB
 Viewed:  40100 Time(s)

Golden Apes - Structures.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name Tlen login
tanagranoizz

PostPosted: 06-12-2004, 16:08    Post subject: Quote selected Reply with quote

ergo, when you posted this review on www.meladicta.com you marked it 1 by accident instead of 7 as it is marked here.
dhoom3

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: 06-11-2014, 09:24    Post subject: Quote selected Reply with quote

There's one thing I don’t like about this album - it's definitely too polite. There are moments when it’s simply a bit too romantic, too sweet and gentle, but it of course all depends on what you’re looking for in music. I prefer the sense of approaching doom and great evil just waiting around the corner to eat me alive the very moment I put the lights out. And that's what this CD lacks.
Forum Index » About the site » Reviews » Golden Apes - Structures (2004)

Jump to: