FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  <strong>Gallery</strong>Gallery  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
INDEX PAGE

Poszukujemy osób, które jeśli mają ku temu ochotę zajęły się publicystyką, recenzjami płyt muzycznych, korektą stylistyczną tekstów, redagowaniem biografii zespołów, newsami oraz wszystkim tym, co wam przyjdzie do głowy, a uważacie, iż powinno znaleźć swoje miejsce na portalu. kontakt: admin@darknation.eu
Ostatnio na forum
1. Forum zdechło?
04-02-18, 04:25 - Piottr
3. Ambient Collage #8
30-11-16, 02:06 - yy28
4. Ambient Collage #7
29-05-16, 21:05 - yy28
5. Mgla (The Mist)
04-05-16, 15:00 - Vexatus
6. Achaja
04-05-16, 14:54 - Vexatus
Forum Index » About the site » Reviews » Emilie Autumn - 'Opheliac ' ( 2006 )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaricia_de_Goth
Redaktor

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: 20-10-2006, 21:38    Post subject: Emilie Autumn - 'Opheliac ' ( 2006 ) Quote selected Reply with quote

Multitalented, innovative, eclectic and unconventional - singer, songwriter, producer, pianist, and world class violinist. Here she comes- Emilie Autumn herself. This girl has already released two albums on her own label, Traitor Records, but with ‘Opheliac’ she is finally going to be really spread worldwide.

‘Opheliac’ has blown me away from the very start. It is a delightful blend of classical, modern , dark and hard sounds, full of energetic tones, theatrical melodies and haunting voice of Emilie. Miss Autumn has put before the listener a landscape of tones and colours investigating the whole world of love madness.

Have you ever stayed on the brink of madness, alone and disilussioned ? Have you ever hated your lover feeling deluded, empty, naive ? Have you ever wanted to know how it feels like for a girl to be abandoned, shattered , left on her on ?
I bet you have been there yourselves many times, but you have not written such a stunning piece of music about that. Well, you don’t have to anymore, as Miss Autumn presented you with all aspects of love suffering, love madness.

She has a stunning array of tools at her disposal, including violins (both classical and electric), piano, harpsichord, and a multitude of electronics with crashing beats and vocals that are filled with emotions. They all mix wonderfully with passion, aggravating the fury or comforting when needed.The music created is a maelstorm of insanity and fulfilment, there are breaks, relaxed pieces only to be followed by zealous wilderness and lunacy full of dark and gloomy sounds. Emilie’s voice changes from alluring, enchanting tones to excited , quick and violent. The result is sexy, surprising, controversial, interesting.
It has been hard for me to pick some favorite songs on that album. ‘Opheliac’ holds almost only good quality songs, each distinctive and captivating. I love them all.
The music and the visual image Emilie has created, called by her “victoriandustrial” is totally innovative, fresh, original.It is gothic, it is industrial, it is pop , it is classical. I am totally hooked on it. I adore you Emilie Autumn.

Tracklisting:
01. Opheliac
02. Swallow
03. Liar
04. The Art Of Suicide
05. I Want My Innocence Back
06. Misery Loves Company
07. God Help Me
08. Shalott
09. Gothic Lolita
10. Dead Is The New Alive
11. I Know Where You Sleep
12. Let The Record Show

Mark: 9.5/10

emilie.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.67 KB
 Viewed:  1928 Time(s)

emilie.jpg

Forum Index » About the site » Reviews » Emilie Autumn - 'Opheliac ' ( 2006 )

Jump to: